Using other libraries
There might be times when you need to borrow from another library, for example, if NUA Library doesn’t have the item that you would like to borrow, or if you want to visit your local university library during the vacations.
Requesting books / journal articles from the British Library (and some university libraries)
We can request books and/or journal articles via another library on behalf of NUA students and staff. These are known as Inter-Library Loans, or ILLs for short.
Click here for details on how to request an item.
Click here to access to the British Library catalogue.
If you would like help with your research, please ask your Librarian for help.
Please note that this service is currently suspended nationwide to new applicants during Covid-19. Please check back here for updates.
NUA Library belongs to the SCONUL Access scheme, which allows many students and staff to borrow from other university libraries. (There is no charge for this).
You may be able to borrow from other college or university libraries if you are:
- a member of staff (both academic and support staff) on an open or fixed term contract
- a postgraduate research student registered for a PhD, MPhil or similar qualification
- a part-time, distance learning and placement student
- or a full-time postgraduate. Please note: if you are a full-time undergraduate, you may be able to access and read the resources of other college and university libraries but you will not be able to borrow.
Visiting / borrowing from UEA Library
For current news and updates on visiting UEA Library, please see: https://www.uea.ac.uk/library/explore-the-library/visit-our-library
For general details, including opening hours, please visit the UEA Library homepage.
The UEA Library homepage also contains a link to the UEA Library catalogue (select the BOOKS+ tab).
UEA day visitors (reference only use, no borrowing rights)
Day visitors without borrowing rights cannot currently visit UEA Library. For further information and updates, please click here: https://www.uea.ac.uk/library/explore-the-library/visit-our-library
Borrowing from UEA
NUA is part of the SCONUL Access scheme which allows many university students and staff to borrow or use books and journals at other libraries which belong to the scheme.
Staff, part-time, distance learning and placement students, plus full-time taught postgraduates may be given the following borrowing rights by UEA:
- 5 standard loan items
- 4 renewals (as long as an item has not been requested)
- Please note this service is only be available to current SCONUL Access card holders at the moment.
Please note that users will not be able to place reservations on UEA material and cannot borrow high demand items, DVDs or CLRC items.