Welcome to Study Skills
- Study Skills at NUA offers practical techniques and guidance for independent learning.
- It includes topics such as understanding assignment briefs, time management, effective reading, note-taking, planning & organising ideas, critical thinking, reflection, giving presentations and academic writing.
- It is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Learn more about Study Skills in this video.
How can I access Study Skills support?
- These pages contain guidance on a range of skills.
- Look out for the blue boxes that contain PDF Study Skills guides, videos and e-books suggestions.
- Book a tutorial with Sara Erskine via the Study Skills VLE page.
- You can be at any stage of an assignment. Turn up with questions, notes, mind maps or draft writing.
- Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Workshops and drop-ins:
- Signup workshops run throughout the academic year.
- See the 2021-2022 programme on the VLE.
- If you’re a member of staff, you can request a bespoke session through the workshop booking form.
- Use the glossary below to find definitions for key terms used at university.
- Also see the list of handy eBooks about studying at university.
Try these sources to get started: https://tinyurl.com/vt4qpbx
For more help with study skills email email@example.com