Welcome to Study Skills
Study Skills offers practical techniques and information for independent learning. It is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Study skills include:
- understanding assignment briefs
- time management
- research and note-taking
- planning and organisation
- critical thinking
- academic writing
- reflecting on practice
How can I access support?
- The type of support you can access varies.
- Use the flowchart below to find out more.
- These pages contain guidance on a range of skills.
- Look out for the Study Skills guides, videos and e-books for further study.
- Book a tutorial via the Study Skills VLE page.
- You can be at any stage of an assignment. Turn up with questions, notes, mind maps or draft writing.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Workshops and drop-ins:
- Signup workshops and drop-ins run throughout the year and are open to all students.
- Watch this space for the 2020-2021 programme.
- If you’re a member of staff, you can request a bespoke session through the workshop booking form.
- Use the glossary below to find definitions for key terms used at university.
- Also see the list of handy eBooks about studying at university.
Try these sources to get started: https://tinyurl.com/vt4qpbx