Welcome to Study Skills
Study Skills at NUA offers practical techniques and guidance for independent learning. It is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Learn more about the types of support available in this video.
Study skills include:
- understanding assignment briefs
- time management
- research and note-taking
- planning and organisation
- critical thinking
- academic writing
- reflecting on practice
How can I access Study Skills support?
- These pages contain guidance on a range of skills.
- Look out for the PDF Study Skills guides, videos and e-books for further study.
- Book a tutorial via the Study Skills VLE page.
- You can be at any stage of an assignment. Turn up with questions, notes, mind maps or draft writing.
- Alternatively, email email@example.com with any questions or for digital feedback on writing.
Workshops and drop-ins:
- Signup workshops run throughout the academic year.
- See the 2020-2021 programme on the VLE.
- If you’re a member of staff, you can request a bespoke session through the workshop booking form.
- Use the glossary below to find definitions for key terms used at university.
- Also see the list of handy eBooks about studying at university.
Try these sources to get started: https://tinyurl.com/vt4qpbx
For more help with study skills email firstname.lastname@example.org