Welcome to Study Skills
The Study Skills service at NUA is available to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Watch the welcome video to learn more.
What are Study Skills?
Study Skills can include:
- understanding assignment briefs
- time management and organisation
- effective reading
- critical thinking
- academic writing
How can I access support?
- These pages contain guidance on a range of skills.
- Look out for the blue boxes that contain downloadable Study Skills guides.
- Book a tutorial with Sara Erskine via the Study Skills VLE page.
- You can be at any stage of an assignment. Turn up with questions, notes, mind maps or draft writing.
- Attend tutorials either alone or in small groups of up to 3.
Workshops and drop-ins:
- Sign-up workshops run throughout the academic year.
- Click the blue box below to see the full programme.
- Also watch out for announcements of other events via the VLE and social media.
What areas could you develop?
- Complete the skills audit below to find out more.
See this list of handy eBooks about studying at university: https://tinyurl.com/vt4qpbx
For more help with study skills email firstname.lastname@example.org